One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Foundry Strategies??? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Foundry Strategies??? (/showthread.php?tid=1278)

Pages: 1 2

Foundry Strategies??? - vegaprom - 12-30-2012 06:51 PM

For me I always have several problems on Foundry no matter as P1 or P2. My opponent always rushes at me while I have a hard time stopping that. Any strategies? I lost this map about 4/5 games T_T

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - garcia1000 - 12-30-2012 07:45 PM

I can upload a large amount of games where I lose to poweewee on Foundry. That could help maybe!

Oh they scrolled off my game history. There will be more coming soon for sure though

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - vegaprom - 12-30-2012 08:23 PM

(12-30-2012 07:45 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I can upload a large amount of games where I lose to poweewee on Foundry. That could help maybe!

Oh they scrolled off my game history. There will be more coming soon for sure though
Thanks a lot! It's a wide map with large area of attacks!!

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - Alvendor - 12-30-2012 10:47 PM

This map is heavily favored the attacker, so if you always try to stop their rushes the problem might be that you always try to stop their rushes.

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - vegaprom - 12-30-2012 10:54 PM

(12-30-2012 10:47 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  This map is heavily favored the attacker, so if you always try to stop their rushes the problem might be that you always try to stop their rushes.

I'm confused by your words. That means the way for me is to rush my opponent??? At first FTA is very problematic in Foundry, but now for me as P1 I encounter STA due to 8 wits, P2 can move heavy and sniper and also spawn another soldier at the first turn...

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - Alvendor - 12-30-2012 11:00 PM

Yeah, the one who attacks first will usually win.

The problem with defending is that he can reinforce from both his spawn points and attack your middle wit tile. When you defend you will also have to use both spawn points, but all the units you create from your back spawn point will cost an extra wit to move to the battle.

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - vegaprom - 12-30-2012 11:06 PM

(12-30-2012 11:00 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Yeah, the one who attacks first will usually win.

The problem with defending is that he can reinforce from both his spawn points and attack your middle wit tile. When you defend you will also have to use both spawn points, but all the units you create from your back spawn point will cost an extra wit to move to the battle.

You're true but I am afraid that my if my rush fails then I'll lose immediately. In the past 4 games I lost 3 in Foundry and now I have 3 Foundry in my account (1 about to lose). I don't want to be like my opponent who fails the rush in my only win. (outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkMyfAgw)

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - Alvendor - 12-30-2012 11:20 PM

Post one of those you lost and we should be able to find some specifics

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - vegaprom - 12-30-2012 11:45 PM

(12-30-2012 11:20 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Post one of those you lost and we should be able to find some specifics

It has gone. One of them is that a 4-HP soldier can get to the bottom channel while others attack the middle. Perhaps more loses soon, anyway thanks a lot.
Another recent lose...

RE: Foundry Strategies??? - TheLurkerV - 12-31-2012 01:22 AM

Hmm I feel that in this map, runners can greatly affect how the game turns out.

Since the map has few barriers obstructing vision and movement, some well placed runners can give you vision over a majority of the map and wipe out pesky snipers as well.

Btw, I saw your replay you posted in the "share your replay" thread.

Your defence strategy is amazing haha.