One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Tips for New Players - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tips for New Players (/showthread.php?tid=120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Tips for New Players - Fluffysox - 07-09-2012 02:16 PM

A tip:
Kill before you build. If there is anything within attacking range with sight over your units, it is best in most situations to kill it first. When you do this, the opponent wont know what other things you will be doing in that turn because the only unit with vision is dead. This let's you build unexpected units and move your units to a better spot.

RE: Tips for New Players - brayton - 07-09-2012 02:34 PM

You will end up in the league of your skill eventually, and theres not much point to try so hard to be high up if youll fall back dowm

Bombshells and heavys can be great to hold on a flag point, or snipers nearby.
(2x2)dont fight with an ally for the flag point, because it is costly and reduces the benefits. And if an ally has 2 wits more per turn, expect them to produce more, make specials and heal your units.
You cannot do anything without wits, so count them and allways keep an eye on them, so you dont fall short.

RE: Tips for New Players - ArtNJ - 07-10-2012 03:38 AM

New tip: The bombshell cannot fire up to its range of 3 if its vision is blocked...ie a unit is hiding behind a barrel. HOWEVER, if you have a spotter -- another unit that can see the unit hiding behind the obstacle, the bombshell can attack over the obstacle.

Just like real artillery, more or less.

RE: Tips for New Players - Harti - 07-10-2012 05:09 AM

(07-10-2012 03:38 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  New tip: The bombshell cannot fire up to its range of 3 if its vision is blocked...ie a unit is hiding behind a barrel. HOWEVER, if you have a spotter -- another unit that can see the unit hiding behind the obstacle, the bombshell can attack over the obstacle.

Uh... no... I don't think so, at least that's new to me. It will only be able to hit hexagons a Sniper could shoot too. Can you double-check?

RE: Tips for New Players - Kamikaze28 - 07-10-2012 05:10 AM

(07-10-2012 05:09 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 03:38 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  New tip: The bombshell cannot fire up to its range of 3 if its vision is blocked...ie a unit is hiding behind a barrel. HOWEVER, if you have a spotter -- another unit that can see the unit hiding behind the obstacle, the bombshell can attack over the obstacle.

Uh... no... I don't think so, at least that's new to me. It will only be able to hit hexagons a Sniper could shoot too. Can you double-check?

Testing this in Pass'n'Play now ...

RE: Tips for New Players - ArtNJ - 07-10-2012 05:14 AM

(07-10-2012 05:10 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

I had the situation come up in a game on Sweetie Plains, so I tested it in pass and play to understand the rule so I could win the game. Spotters do matter.

RE: Tips for New Players - Kamikaze28 - 07-10-2012 05:24 AM

(07-10-2012 05:14 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 05:10 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

I had the situation come up in a game on Sweetie Plains, so I tested it in pass and play to understand the rule so I could win the game. Spotters do matter.

As far as I tested it, they don't. You cannot shoot though an obstacle with a Bombshell - whether you uncovered the hex on the other side or not. You can however shoot next to the hex to damage it with the splash damage. Again independent of seeing what you're damaging.
Bottom line: Bombshell has the same attacking-rules as a Sniper except shooting at adjacent tiles of enemies to splash damage them.

RE: Tips for New Players - ArtNJ - 07-10-2012 05:32 AM

If I recreate it in a pass and play game, will I be able to post the link? If so, I'll do it now, but if pass and play cant be linked I'll do screenshots at some point (I am not good with those so it may be a while).

RE: Tips for New Players - Mowmail - 07-13-2012 02:07 PM

Keep an eye on your wits so you don't rush to an enemy w/o attacking

RE: Tips for New Players - hubdrubbub - 07-13-2012 06:52 PM

Bombshell also (unintentionally?) has the advantage of knowing enemies positions. If you are going to bomb an area, small icons will indicate the location of enemies that can get hit.