One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Tips for New Players - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tips for New Players (/showthread.php?tid=120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Tips for New Players - TheQwertiest - 01-09-2013 01:48 PM

(01-09-2013 10:50 AM)zer0CD Wrote:  Is the share your replays thread also a critique thread? Looking thru it seems more like a "post your cool/interesting replays" thread. If I want critique is it better to just pm people?

here is a thread made by harti before. its way out on the 5th page. i dont know why people stopped using this instead of share your replays thread. but im sure that someone will critique your game if you post here

RE: Tips for New Players - Kamikaze28 - 01-11-2013 08:17 PM

(01-09-2013 01:48 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 10:50 AM)zer0CD Wrote:  Is the share your replays thread also a critique thread? Looking thru it seems more like a "post your cool/interesting replays" thread. If I want critique is it better to just pm people?

here is a thread made by harti before. its way out on the 5th page. i dont know why people stopped using this instead of share your replays thread. but im sure that someone will critique your game if you post here

With all due respect, I would kindly ask you not to post your replay here. This thread is dedicated to collecting and presenting helpful advices for new players coming to Outwitters and having to find their way around the game. The thread TheQwertiest is referring to can be found here.

RE: Tips for New Players - TheQwertiest - 01-11-2013 10:00 PM

(01-11-2013 08:17 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 01:48 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  

With all due respect, I would kindly ask you not to post your replay here. This thread is dedicated to collecting and presenting helpful advices for new players coming to Outwitters and having to find their way around the game. The thread TheQwertiest is referring to can be found here.

Sorry kamikaze i forgot to add the link to the other thread

RE: Tips for New Players - John3:16 - 01-26-2013 03:54 AM

Not sure if you want to add something specific like this under the "save your wits for a decisive strike" tip, but:

there are certain "magic" numbers for wit savings that are nice to keep in mind, even when defending.

For many maps, you get 6 wits per turn, but if you are not next to an opponent, 6 wits means you can only kill 1 2hit unit (soldier, heavy, etc.).

4 wits to take out 1 unit, but because of the +1 wit on kill, net wits is 3 for first unit, but second unit would need 4 wits, but you need to have 7 to take out two two-hit units.

so, saving 1 wit can make a huge difference for 6 wit\turn maps.

Likewise, 10 wits, allows you to take out 3 units, while 9, you could only take out 2.

RE: Tips for New Players - EkoFox - 01-31-2013 01:26 PM

The guide still states that thorns do not give out wits on death. I think it should be rephrased to something along the lines of 'units you kill directly refund one wit.' or something.

RE: Tips for New Players - brayton - 02-01-2013 07:17 PM

thorns now give out wits Smile
i like the change, its nice since unless your using a sniper or heavy it costs more to kill.
and generally makes barriers stronger. (as if i can retake THAT wit space)

RE: Tips for New Players - Ryzuma - 02-02-2013 01:01 AM

They aren't

RE: Tips for New Players - Kamikaze28 - 02-02-2013 10:33 PM

(01-31-2013 01:26 PM)EkoFox Wrote:  The guide still states that thorns do not give out wits on death. I think it should be rephrased to something along the lines of 'units you kill directly refund one wit.' or something.

You are of course correct and I have modified the respective tip to reflect the recent change. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

RE: Tips for New Players - Gf!sh - 02-03-2013 02:06 AM

Dunno whether this was pointed out before (or if it's just so logical for everyone but me), but Snipers cannot shoot 180 degrees around an obstacle. Once got badly surprised by that.

RE: Tips for New Players - Ryzuma - 02-03-2013 05:53 AM

O that reminds me. I dont know know if this is intentional or not but even though they cant hit around an obstacle they can still see it