One Man Left Studios Community Forums
What would your special unit be able to do? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What would your special unit be able to do? (/showthread.php?tid=1186)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - game_taker - 12-26-2012 05:06 AM

(12-19-2012 02:02 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Grenadier, lobs grenades even into the fog, attack range of 3. Good anti-BS. Health-move-attack stats of 4-2-2 with splash of 1 damage.

seems like a more op bombshell because of his mobility + max hp 5 w/ after healed by medic.

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - Hunter - 12-27-2012 09:49 AM

My special would just let me win for 20 wits

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - GoHeat 3 - 12-27-2012 10:00 AM

(12-27-2012 09:49 AM)Hunter Wrote:  My special would just let me win for 20 wits

lol Smile

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - Phyresis - 12-27-2012 10:19 AM

(12-27-2012 09:49 AM)Hunter Wrote:  My special would just let me win for 20 wits

The new bombshell...

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - SC2Chaos - 12-30-2012 10:03 PM

Race name: The jesters
Appearence: clown themed
Special: "The Joker," able to make a clone of any unit next to him, at the cost of 1 wit. Clone will have same movement and sight values as their original model, however their health will be capped at 1hp and only one can be made per turn. Clones have a lifetime of 3 turns, but enemys can NOT move through them.

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - TheQwertiest - 12-30-2012 10:10 PM

that would be an awesome team against scallywags on peekaboo. haha

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - SC2Chaos - 12-30-2012 10:11 PM

Another idea for a special unit would be the bomber. With a hp of 3, the bomber is completely devoid of any normal attack whatsoever. However, with a movement speed of 4 and vision radius of 2, he is best used with support. His true value lays in the use of his explosion ability, which allows him to commit suicide, dealing 3 damage to all enemys adjacent to him. Due to the rather bright fire on his fuse, he is visible to all enemy units however ( this was put in purely to offset the destructiveness of his ability and of course could be modified accordingly.)
Yet another idea of a special is the archmage, which has 2 hp, a movement speed of 2, and vision of 2. His ability is "bombard" which allows him to target any space 5 spaces away for bombardment. Upon targeting, he will be locked into posistion and will not move until the next turn, and the targeted space will have a crosshair in whichever color that the archmage is. Once the enemy has completed their turn, the archmage will bombard the target square, dealing 5 damage to that square only. The crosshair is NOT visible through the fog of war.

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - Phillip - 12-30-2012 11:36 PM

Maybe a super sniper.
Move 2
Vis 4
Shoot 4 but only in a straight line like a rook/bishop in chess, maybe shoot through 2 enemies.

Duplicator
Move 2
Vis 2
Shoot 0, no direct damage.
He can duplicate any friendly next to him for an extra wit cost 5/6. So he would be most useful toward the front of battle, but hard to get there. A 2wit soldier duplicates another 2 wit, not a 3 wit. It would be useless next to your base, but pretty potent if pushed forward

Super scout
Move 5
Vis 5
Attack 1
Can see 7-10, also soldiers and runners don't block his vision

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - incidesi - 12-31-2012 10:21 AM

(12-30-2012 11:36 PM)Phillip Wrote:  Maybe a super sniper.
Move 2
Vis 4
Shoot 4 but only in a straight line like a rook/bishop in chess, maybe shoot through 2 enemies.

Duplicator
Move 2
Vis 2
Shoot 0, no direct damage.
He can duplicate any friendly next to him for an extra wit cost 5/6. So he would be most useful toward the front of battle, but hard to get there. A 2wit soldier duplicates another 2 wit, not a 3 wit. It would be useless next to your base, but pretty potent if pushed forward

Super scout
Move 5
Vis 5
Attack 1
Can see 7-10, also soldiers and runners don't block his vision

I think all of these are interesting. What would their defenses be? Almost think a "super scout" might become a little too advantageous, but who really knows. The "Duplicator" sounds like it could be a little bit less effective than a Mobi--for fewer wits you could spawn a heavy and transport it to your Mobi, but maybe the advantage of the "Duplicator" would be that the duplicate could still move and attack if you have enough wits.

RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - EkoFox - 01-29-2013 05:15 PM

Maybe a Storm team, the special shoots lighting which does minimal damage but arcs between enemy units?