One Man Left Studios Community Forums
*Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite (/showthread.php?tid=1179)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - incidesi - 12-17-2012 10:22 AM

I think it would be worthy to consider whether or not players should be able to create games when they have been due to move in other matches for over a couple of days. Right now I have an open game with a player that hasn't made a move in 3 days. As my queue was getting pretty stale, I started a new game only to discover I was matched against the same player.

Obviously there isn't much that can be done for players letting losing games sit until they expire--Alex addressed that awhile ago if I remember right--but I think it would be good to discourage it by not letting these players create new games. My experience today has showed me that stagnant games don't always mean a player is inactive...they're just actively avoiding the losing match.

What are your thoughts?

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - 2dhh - 12-17-2012 05:36 PM

That guy must be like "oh crap, now he knows im purposely avoiding his game".

The game limit is imposed to stop people from people stalling losing games. I don't think the developers can do much more about this. You can just taunt him on chat.

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - =) Random Task (= - 12-17-2012 06:45 PM

there is also a glitch causing some players not to see certain open games. It can be that your open game doesn't show up in his game list due to that glitch.

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - worldfamous - 12-17-2012 07:12 PM

I think that's a brilliant idea.

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - TheQwertiest - 12-17-2012 07:39 PM

i agree. i think its a great idea to not allow people with pending turns to start new games

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - GreatGonzales - 12-18-2012 01:17 AM

Eh. There's a 4 day limit before auto forfeit, so they can only delay for so long. I'm not sure this is necessary.

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - :!:CoryMo:!: - 12-18-2012 01:24 AM

My games always seem to go to five days before they forfeit.

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - TheQwertiest - 12-18-2012 01:30 AM

i think the auto forfeit comes at the borderline of 4 days.
4 days 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 secs

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - aaronINdayton - 12-18-2012 05:58 AM

Great idea, except for the disappearing game thing. If you had a game disappear and then you couldn't start any new games(until it timed out 5 days later), you'd be pretty mad.

RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite - incidesi - 12-18-2012 02:12 PM

Wasn't aware about the disappearing game bug but I understand your point. I think the 4-5 day limit is a good one and I'm sure we've all had to let games sit for a day or two under certain circumstances--that said, if you're really taking a break it shouldn't bother you that you can't start new games with 3-day-old matches in your queue.