One Man Left Studios Community Forums
TundRaiders (Team Idea) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: TundRaiders (Team Idea) (/showthread.php?tid=1111)

TundRaiders (Team Idea) - KMan 29 - 12-08-2012 05:50 AM

A cold wind is blowing through the world of Outwitters..a new team from the frozen mountains of the north is looking to become the newest faction to start smashing bases.

My idea for their special would be a unit that would be able to freeze enemy units for a turn. It could work by a ranged attack against an individual unit or instead of that be able to freeze all units adjacent to it for a single wit. (Just kind of throwing some examples out there) Not sure if a frozen unit would still be able to attack or if it would be completely unusable.

I had the day off from work today and made some sketches for the new units. I would maybe change the big bad wolf to some sort of glacier-monster, but anyway I'm no artist so please just take the drawings for what their worth.

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - :!:CoryMo:!: - 12-08-2012 05:55 AM

The Eskimo would get OML in hot water with some people.

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - KMan 29 - 12-08-2012 06:38 AM

Really? I guess it could be a penguin soldier or just make the eyes visible ala Kenny from South Park.

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - GoHeat 3 - 12-08-2012 06:40 AM

I love all of them! Is the runner an Arctic Fox?

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - TheQwertiest - 12-08-2012 06:45 AM

the heavy reminds me of the sasquatch in monsters inc that said "welcome to the himalayas"
haha
google it.

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - KMan 29 - 12-08-2012 07:13 AM

Thank you, the runner was supposed to be a squirrel but arctic fox sounds much better Smile

Abomidible snowman as a heavy inspired the whole idea, Monsters Inc and Rudolph were my sources of inspiration.

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - daHsu - 12-08-2012 01:11 PM

I think a penguin as the soldier would be better (some eskimos might be offended Tongue)
On freeze mechanics: how about the special can freeze from 1 hex away, for 1 turn, but can freeze as many times as you want (provided you have enough wits and a different enemy each time)?

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - worldfamous - 12-08-2012 02:41 PM

Great team. I don't know what's offensive about an Eskimo. They would be strong against mobi. Aren't Eskimos whalers? Hehe. How about a St. Bernard with the barrel of rum collar for the medic?

RE: TundRaiders (Team Idea) - joelduque - 12-11-2012 12:54 PM

This should be featured on the OML blog! Smile