One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Female players - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Female players (/showthread.php?tid=1006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Female players - Wildt4lon - 01-12-2013 09:02 AM

I'm female. I don't see why there would be less females on outwitters. There's nothing particularly gender-based about the game.

RE: Female players - Norahsul - 01-29-2013 09:18 AM

(12-01-2012 03:13 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Maybe this should have been a poll.

I'd be interested in knowing the % of female playing this game too!

RE: Female players - ElPared - 01-29-2013 10:44 AM

I'd say around 1/3 of the screennames I see in random matchups include female sounding GC names like "sara1234" or something. That's not factoring in the percentage of neutral names that could be either, or the ones who have girly names despite being boys though :/

RE: Female players - marieke1981 - 06-20-2013 10:48 PM

I'm a girl too.

RE: Female players - Phyresis - 06-22-2013 09:26 AM

I play a lot of different games, and many of them have very obnoxious and abrasive communities. This game though, for an unknown reason, tends to attract more mature people, so people are less scared (for lack of better words) to be themselves.

RE: Female players - Norahsul - 06-22-2013 09:40 AM

(06-22-2013 09:26 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  I play a lot of different games, and many of them have very obnoxious and abrasive communities. This game though, for an unknown reason, tends to attract more mature people, so people are less scared (for lack of better words) to be themselves.

for a second i thought you meant "mature" in terms of more senior, aged, etc and I thought to myself.. I am not that mature yet Tongue

RE: Female players - baopu - 06-24-2013 01:47 PM

Norahsul is a lady...

RE: Female players - poweewee - 06-24-2013 02:40 PM

Obviously the game does not discriminate against females, but there is still a large gap between the number of males against the number of female players. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact it is quite expected.

It is much like in chess, where some people say females should be on equal footing against the males since it is not a physical game, rather a thinking/mental one; however, evidence suggests that the males still dominate the game, perhaps because of different thinking processes.

RE: Female players - Norahsul - 06-24-2013 04:14 PM

(06-24-2013 01:47 PM)baopu Wrote:  Norahsul is a lady...

I shall be flattered

(06-24-2013 02:40 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Obviously the game does not discriminate against females, but there is still a large gap between the number of males against the number of female players. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact it is quite expected.

It is much like in chess, where some people say females should be on equal footing against the males since it is not a physical game, rather a thinking/mental one; however, evidence suggests that the males still dominate the game, perhaps because of different thinking processes.

I think it's the competitiveness nature that's rooted in male species lol

RE: Female players - onealexleft - 06-24-2013 04:31 PM

I've always gotten the impression we have an larger than average female population playing Outwitters compared to our previous games. I've got no official statistics or anything, just that I tend to correspond with a lot more females via our social media and support channels for the game vs Tilt to Live.